How do we protect your money and data?
From the moment you open your account, we ensure that your money and data are protected.
- We identify you, using biometrical checks and/or data of a local credit- or financial institution or your national identity document
- We keep an eye on unusual cases
- We take care of app safety and constantly monitor, improve and implement necessary security measures
- We use internal control mechanisms, that enables access of your data only to defined persons
- We ensure, that all sensitive data is encrypted
How to protect your account?
- Your account is secured by a pin code and 2FA
- Dify application will log out all other sessions if you change your access code or recover your password
- Protect your mobile device by setting a screen lock
- We send you information about your transactions only to your registered e-mail, so take care about securing the access to your device and email
How to be sure that message was received from Dify
Dify never sends e-mails or make phone calls asking to provide your card numbers, PIN-codes, or passwords. If an email or any other message seems fishy, please contact our customer support at email@example.com
What to do if you have lost your card
If your Dify card has been misplaced but you think you are still able to find it, click on the card centre in the app to block your card. To confirm the action choose Card Details -> Freeze / Close card. In that case you can unblock your card after finding it without no-one else having the opportunity to use it.
If your card is permanently lost or it has been stolen, you should block your card immediately. Once you’ve blocked the card you will be displayed the option to close the card permanently. You will be able to open a new card as a replacement to the old one.
How to report a security problem
We, at Dify are committed to your security. When you find a security issue this is handled with the highest priority. We will analyze and verify each report. We might ask you for more information on how to reproduce the issue.
Occasionally, reports of possible security issues are found not to be about exploitable security issues. Where appropriate, the reporter will be contacted with an explanation of why we believe this is not a security issue.
Please note: reports without a clear description of steps to reproduce the issue and proof-of-concepts will likely be closed as invalid on our side.
If you want to report a security issue or raise a concern, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org